Work on a wide variety of web-based experiences for visitors, users and colleagues alike. Fully utilize and grow your understanding of modern best practices and technologies like Angular, SCSS and web API’s.
As a front-end developer at Cost Engineering you’ll have impact on our, worldwide used, SaaS solution Cleopatra Enterprise which is being used by various international organizations like; Shell, Vopak, Siemens Gamesa & Heineken. You will be working in a diverse & passionate team of developers in a company where ownership & passion are key. Working in sprints with the team while also taking ownership in shaping your job to create an environment you strive in. Do you want to help us building and expanding Cleopatra Enterprise to make sure our clients finish their multi-million projects within time and budget? Then carry on reading 👇
As a front-end developer at Cost Engineering, you will have the opportunity to prototype and develop cross-platform applications that will enrich our products and services. Affinity with design principles is important and you’re skilled in creating appealing responsive layouts. You have a willingness to research and learn new technologies to solve problems and are able to perform well in a fast-paced environment. As well as possessing excellent analytical and multitasking skills you’ve proven yourself as a front-end developer through your previous work experience.
Tech stack and Qualifications
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Proficiency with writing client-side JS, including experience with frameworks such as Angular
- Proficiency with HTML5 and (S)CSS.
- Experience or interest in developing mobile apps with frameworks such as Ionic.
- Experience with web API’S and Rest.
- Proficiency with writing (semantic) HTML
- Proficiency with CSS, as well as pre-processors (such as SCSS) and familiarity with popular frameworks
- Proficiency with web API’s and REST
What we offer
- Dynamic and international working environment
- A good salary and 29,5 vacation days
- Pension scheme and a performance related bonus
- Flexible working hours and frequent company events
- A modern office, easily reachable from Rotterdam
- Great career growth opportunities in a technology driven organisation
Creating our state-of-the-art project controls software
Cleopatra, our software product, is used by clients worldwide to ensure that their multi-million projects finish within time and budgets. This versatile, powerful Java-driven tool is built in-house by our development team.
Mark, Lead Software Engineer:
“You have a lot of responsibility when you work on Cleopatra, since you build a product directly for our clients. When everything works out in the end, especially after a lot of trial and error, it can be incredibly rewarding. I really feel like I’m contributing to the bigger picture.”
Some statistics about our software development team
Has watched all of Game of Thrones. Make sure to watch it before your first day at work, or you may be sent north of the wall.
Drinks coffee at least twice a day. Getting coffee is also considered to be a bonding experience.
Plays board- or video games at least once a week. This fact inspired us to begin organizing our bi-monthly Game Nights!