Internship New Energies - Hydrogen Economy
Our consultants love combining technique and economics. With different projects for different big players in the field, they learn every day and keep growing.
Hydrogen is expected to play an important role in our future. It can be used to carry and store energy, as a fuel and as an energy feedstock. It does not emit CO2 and generates almost no air pollution when used. The use of clean hydrogen can help decarbonise, in particular, energy intensive industries (e.g. steel, chemicals and
cement), the transport sector (e.g. heavy duty vehicles, rail and maritime), and the power sector.
Hence, large scale deployment of Hydrogen technologies are seen as an attractive solution to meeting the EU energy targets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by a minimum of 55% by 2030 and reach net zero emissions by 2050.
The EU is working on actions to facilitate the large-scale deployment of hydrogen use to contribute to climate neutrality.This presents a big challenge as well as an exciting opportunity for our Clients, as Banks and Other financial institutions are evaluating over Eur 1 Billion worth of Hydrogen projects in their funding pipeline. For Cost Engineering and the CESK Cost Database, this is a natural progression towards supporting our clients in their hydrogen projects with accurate cost data.
Scope of the internship
- Conduct a literature survey regarding the scale/methods/technologies of Hydrogen production now being implemented and the required infrastructure for each (Electrical, Civil, Piping etc.)
- Identify and gather publicly available cost data and document/classify them in a usable manner
- Identify and Engage with partners (Manufacturers, research groups, Data providers) who might be willing to contribute to this initiative
- Identify projects/companies in different parts of the hydrogen value chain
- Literature survery Report
- Final Presentation and Report with findings
- Preferably pursuing a Master Degree or equivalent in a Technical/Engineering Discipline
- Affinity with research and product development
- Competency in Microsoft Office Tools
Join our team
You can apply for a position at Cost Engineering by submitting the form below. You may either include your LinkedIn profile or upload your resume, accompanied by a brief introduction and motivation.
Estimating for the worlds’ primary functional nuclear fusion reactor.
ITER is an international nuclear fusion research and engineering megaproject. Built in France through collaboration of 7 countries, ITER relies on our consultancy services to make sure the construction of their Tokamak reactor stays within budget.
Robin, Cost Engineer working on the ITER project:
“I had a desire to acquire work experience abroad, and I found it here. After a year of attending the traineeship programme and participating in some smaller assignments, I went to France about a year and a half. Now I’m in Cologne and after that, it’s back to France. If you need a highly varied job with the occasional abroad experience, you’ll feel right at home at Cost Engineering.”
Some facts about our consultants
Studied in Delft. And a lot of us who did still live there. Since we typically go to work by train, you may meet up with your colleagues during your commute.
Loves going out for a drink. Also, the majority of people at our daily lunch break are cost consultants. We just enjoy 'gezelligheid'.
Of us are from outside of the Netherlands, making the consultancy the most international slice of the Cost Engineering pie.