Solar is the fastest expanding source of energy in the EU with rapid strides in cost reduction (upto 82%) over the past decade. The EU is working on actions to facilitate the large-scale deployment of PV technology among other research initiatives to contribute to climate neutrality.
Apart from power generation, applications such as heating and cooling are also used for hot water generation in industries. For Cost Engineering and the CESK Cost Database,
this is a natural progression towards expanding our portfolio of data to support Solar power power generationand energy transformation systems.
Scope of the internship
- Conduct a literature survey regarding the scale/methods/technologies of Hydrogen production now being implemented and the required infrastructure for each (Electrical, Civil, Piping etc.)
- Identify and gather publicly available cost data and document/classify them in a usable manner
- Identify and Engage with partners (Manufacturers, research groups, Data providers) who might be willing to contribute to this initiative
- Identify projects/companies in different parts of the hydrogen value chain
- Literature survery Report
- Final Presentation and Report with findings
- Preferably pursuing a Master Degree or equivalent in a Technical/Engineering Discipline
- Affinity with research and product development
- Competency in Microsoft Office Tools
Estimating for the worlds’ primary functional nuclear fusion reactor.
ITER is an international nuclear fusion research and engineering megaproject. Built in France through collaboration of 7 countries, ITER relies on our consultancy services to make sure the construction of their Tokamak reactor stays within budget.
Robin, Cost Engineer working on the ITER project:
“I had a desire to acquire work experience abroad, and I found it here. After a year of attending the traineeship programme and participating in some smaller assignments, I went to France about a year and a half. Now I’m in Cologne and after that, it’s back to France. If you need a highly varied job with the occasional abroad experience, you’ll feel right at home at Cost Engineering.”
Some facts about our consultants
Studied in Delft. And a lot of us who did still live there. Since we typically go to work by train, you may meet up with your colleagues during your commute.
Loves going out for a drink. Also, the majority of people at our daily lunch break are cost consultants. We just enjoy 'gezelligheid'.
Of us are from outside of the Netherlands, making the consultancy the most international slice of the Cost Engineering pie.