Senior Lead Developer
Our developers love anything involving software, design and data. They also know exactly how to bend it to their will. See what we do best down below.
Are you passionate about setting and achieving architectural goals, leading the software team through our Java and web service projects and initialising the development of new functionalities of our SaaS Solution Cleopatra Enterprise? If you think this is you, then keep reading on!
As a Senior Lead Developer you will work together with our agile software development team. Due to your broad experience as a developer, you are able to design and develop new integrations, API’s and functionalities for our software. You are responsible for the development of our software as well as the technical guidance of your dedicated team of developers through the complex projects you helped plan out. You are the technical & business expert during the creation and execution of the technical road map.
- Exploring and introducing new technologies
- Initialising the development of new or existing software functionalities
- Hands on approach, help developing prototypes and final implementation
- Analyse, identify and evaluate the technical requirements of all alternatives and act accordingly
- Guiding and helping the team through the complete life cycle of the project
- Close communication with our CEO
Skills & Qualifications
- You have a passion for solving complex problems and learning every day
- You have a broad range of experience with Java technologies
- You can think critically and can use fundamental software-engineering principles to base your choices on
- You are interested and experienced in new trends, such as micro services and mobile / AI
- You have good analytic, organisational and communication skills
- You are familiar with other rolls within software development, like Front-end, Full-stack, Cloud and Data Analyses
What we offer
- Working for global clients with the newest technologies
- Dynamic and international environment
- A passionate group of people to work with
- A competitive salary and 29,5 vacation days
- Monthly game nights and modern office, easily reachable from Rotterdam
- Frequent company events like Summer BBQ’s and Friday drink
Join our team
You can apply for a position at Cost Engineering by submitting the form below. You may either include your LinkedIn profile or upload your resume, accompanied by a brief introduction and motivation.
Creating our state-of-the-art project controls software
Cleopatra, our software product, is used by clients worldwide to ensure that their multi-million projects finish within time and budgets. This versatile, powerful Java-driven tool is built in-house by our development team.
Mark, Lead Software Engineer:
“You have a lot of responsibility when you work on Cleopatra, since you build a product directly for our clients. When everything works out in the end, especially after a lot of trial and error, it can be incredibly rewarding. I really feel like I’m contributing to the bigger picture.”
Some statistics about our software development team
Has watched all of Game of Thrones. Make sure to watch it before your first day at work, or you may be sent north of the wall.
Drinks coffee at least twice a day. Getting coffee is also considered to be a bonding experience.
Plays board- or video games at least once a week. This fact inspired us to begin organizing our bi-monthly Game Nights!