Are you a Senior Software Engineer passionate about Java and software technology in general? Do you want to work on exiting new projects and play a vital role in the development of our software solution having worldwide impact?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cost Engineering you’ll have impact on our, worldwide used, SaaS solution Cleopatra Enterprise which is being used by various international organizations like; Shell, Vopak, Siemens Gamesa & Heineken. You will be working in a diverse team of developers in a company where passion is key. Working in sprints with the team while also taking ownership in shaping your job to create an environment you strive in. Do you want to help us developing our software to make sure our clients finish their multi-million projects within time and budget? Then carry on reading 👇
You will have to opportunity to investigate and implement new technologies to improve our software. Alongside with your colleagues, you will be working on our webservices, web development and other projects in the region of system design and architecture. You will be the lead of researching new technologies, discussions with the team, presenting proof of concepts and implementing the new technologies into Cleopatra.
- Maintaining & developing webservices
- Researching and experimenting with new technologies
- Presenting proof of concepts and implementing new technologies or features
- Assisting in in-depth backend support, communicating with developers from clients to ensure issues get resolved.
- Collaborating with your colleagues to ensure quality
You have an all-around skill set in various software technologies and tools, such as:
- Java J2EE
- Spring technologies (MVC, boot, Security)
- Container technologies
- Web development & REST API
You in a nutshell
- BSc degree in computer science or relevant field
- Fluent in Dutch and English and a strong communicator
- You are autonomous and can sell your ideas well
- Responsible and a good team player
- Not be afraid to learn something new
Some statistics about our software development team
Has watched all of Game of Thrones. Make sure to watch it before your first day at work, or you may be sent north of the wall.
Drinks coffee at least twice a day. Getting coffee is also considered to be a bonding experience.
Plays board- or video games at least once a week. This fact inspired us to begin organizing our bi-monthly Game Nights!