Become a full-grown Project Management Consultant, a specialist in project cost management, in only two years. Work with large international clients in various industries like oil and gas, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and offshore.
Your professional and personal development is our top priority. During the traineeship we focus on developing your knowledge and your softskills. You will get a mentor who will coach you from the start until the end of the traineeship.
Having the responsibility for multi-million-euro projects, you will gain expertise in the complex variables that determine the budget. With your project management skills, you will provide our clients clear and straightforward solutions.
The traineeship in 5 steps:
- You will start in the Cost Engineering Academy with an intensive training program. You will learn everything you need to know about Cost Engineering and our software tool Cleopatra.
- Do you have all the theoretical knowledge? Good! We can now choose the competence center that suits you best.
- After you choose a competence center a senior colleague will guide you through the on-boarding programme. You will be up to speed in no time by working with this senior colleague and asking the right questions to enhance your knowledge.
- If you have reached all your goals your traineeship will end, but your development won’t stop here. If you would like to broaden you knowledge and experience you can switch to other competence centers.
- Completing the traineeship marks a new fase of your career at Cost Engineering. However, we will still stimulate you to develop yourself by participating in a personal development plan.
You are a master student who completed your study in mechanical, aerospace, process engineering, offshore & dredging, civil, physics, chemical or structural engineering.
You speak English fluently as you will be following a lot of courses as part of your career development by participating in certification programs and training courses, such as DACE and AACE certification trainings and internal courses.
You have a great affinity with mathematics, statistics and engineering software. You will need this while working with our in-house developed software Cleopatra Enterprise.
Estimating for the worlds’ primary functional nuclear fusion reactor.
ITER is an international nuclear fusion research and engineering megaproject. Built in France through collaboration of 7 countries, ITER relies on our consultancy services to make sure the construction of their Tokamak reactor stays within budget.
Robin, Cost Engineer working on the ITER project:
“I had a desire to acquire work experience abroad, and I found it here. After a year of attending the traineeship programme and participating in some smaller assignments, I went to France about a year and a half. Now I’m in Cologne and after that, it’s back to France. If you need a highly varied job with the occasional abroad experience, you’ll feel right at home at Cost Engineering.”
Some facts about our consultants
Studied in Delft. And a lot of us who did still live there. Since we typically go to work by train, you may meet up with your colleagues during your commute.
Loves going out for a drink. Also, the majority of people at our daily lunch break are cost consultants. We just enjoy 'gezelligheid'.
Of us are from outside of the Netherlands, making the consultancy the most international slice of the Cost Engineering pie.