Customer success specialist
Ensure overall customer satisfaction and drive customer retention for the leader project cost management software Cleopatra Enterprise.
You will work closely with Technical Support and Sales Departments to ensure overall customer satisfaction and drive customer retention through periodic check-ins and maintenance tasks.
With a deep understanding of the customer needs, you will establish a link between our customers and Technical Support Department to keep the training materials and documentation of our software, Cleopatra Enterprise, up to spec.
During the onboarding of new clients, you will provide them with the training materials of Cleopatra and help them along in achieving their goals.
After onboarding, you will make sure that the clients remain satisfied. You will gather feedback from the client and help us create a better software product supported by the best training materials and methods.
We’re looking for a curious mind, a drive to understand new software tools and a critical mindset to deliver quality work.
- Degree in Media & Communication, International Business, Languages or similar
- Fluent in English in speech and writing
- German speaking is a plus
- Multimedia platforms skills
- Daily use of Microsoft Office
- Organized, multitasker, team player
Senior java developer
Do you want to work in an innovative company and develop a unique in the market software solution?
As a Senior Java Developer at Cost Engineering, you will be primarily responsible for the development of our software, Cleopatra Enterprise, used by some of the largest companies in the world operating in various industries.
You will work in a team with people from other disciplines, such as Cost Consultants and Test Engineers. You will coach developers, initiate software development improvements, determine the added value of new technologies for our software and advise on our future roadmap.
You have MSc Computer Science, experience in software engineering on various projects, experience with working in a SCRUM team and applying architectural principles, in particular microservices.
You have an all-around skill set in various software technologies and tools, such as:
• Java J2EE
• Webservices and microservices
• Performance analysis and optimization with tools such as VisualVM
• Spring technologies (MVC, Boot, Data Mongo, Security)
• Full text search engines such as Elasticsearch
• Database system including MSSQL, MongoDB, and NoSQL solutions
• Container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker
Work on a wide variety of web-based experiences for visitors, users and colleagues alike. Fully utilize and grow your understanding of modern best practices and technologies like React, Angular, SCSS and web API’s.
As a front-end developer at Cost Engineering, you will have the opportunity to prototype and develop cross-platform applications that will enrich our products and services. Affinity with design principles is important and you’re skilled in creating appealing responsive layouts. You have a willingness to research and learn new technologies to solve problems and are able to perform well in a fast-paced environment. As well as possessing excellent analytical and multitasking skills you’ve proven yourself as a front-end developer through your previous work experience.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficiency with HTML5 and (S)CSS.
- Experience or interest in developing mobile apps with frameworks such as Ionic.
- Experience with web API’S and Rest.
- Proficiency with writing (semantic) HTML
- Proficiency with CSS, as well as pre-processors (such as SCSS) and familiarity with popular frameworks
- Proficiency with writing client-side JS, including experience with frameworks such as Angular and React
- Proficiency with web API’s and REST
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Develop new features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Working for global clients with the newest technologies
- Dynamic and international working environment
- A good salary and 29,5 vacation days
- Monthly game nights (think board games and Mario Kart tournaments)
- A modern office, easily reachable from Rotterdam
- Frequent company events like Easter breakfast, Summer BBQ’s and Friday drinks
QA / QC tester
Execute tests to find the defects in our systems. Evaluate developed products and integrate quality control systems. All to make sure the system meets its objectives by ensuring the development and maintenance process is adequate.
Improve, optimize or redesign our software Cleopatra Enterprise to increase its business value. Challenge the development team to ensure the best functionality.
You will be the bridge between the end-users, software developers, UX designer, support and sales teams. You will participate in specification sessions and document the specification. You will scrum Product Owner role during development sessions and promote the usage of SCRUM.
As a Product Owner, you will manage development backlog, co-write the manual and e-learning. Also, you will support our marketing and sales teams.
You have extensive experience as a Product Owner where you applied Continuous Delivery Approach and interpreted API specifications.
You have previously worked in a DevOps context. You also have an affinity with UX and the analysis methodologies of this field.
You have skills to deal with deadlines in a hybrid environment. You speak Dutch and English fluently.
Join our team
You can apply for a position at Cost Engineering by submitting the form below. You may either include your LinkedIn profile or upload your resume, accompanied by a brief introduction and motivation.
Creating our state-of-the-art project controls software
Cleopatra, our software product, is used by clients worldwide to ensure that their multi-million projects finish within time and budgets. This versatile, powerful Java-driven tool is built in-house by our development team.
Mark, Software Engineer:
“You have a lot of responsibility when you work on Cleopatra, since you build a product directly for our clients. When everything works out in the end, especially after a lot of trial and error, it can be incredibly rewarding. I really feel like I’m contributing to the bigger picture.”
Some statistics about our software development team
Has watched all of Game of Thrones. Make sure to watch it before your first day at work, or you may be sent north of the wall.
Drinks coffee at least twice a day. Getting coffee is also considered to be a bonding experience.
Plays board- or video games at least once a week. This fact inspired us to begin organizing our bi-monthly Game Nights!