Are you a highly motivated multi-tasker with the drive to help people and a broad interest in engineering and technology?
As a Technical Consultant at Cost Engineering, you support the users of our project cost management software Cleopatra Enterprise. You are eager to learn new things and you get energy from solving complex problems.
Communicating with other people to retrieve new information or to help them out is something you enjoy. You also actively assist our sales & marketing team with the promotion of our solutions to customers and prospects.
- Help with technical preparation of commercial presentations for our customers regarding highly innovative solutions
- Handle support questions of our customers
- Inform our clients about the innovations of our tools
- Spot & follow up commercial opportunities with customers and/or potential customers
- Assist our clients with their cost engineering activities
- Always and everywhere: sharing knowledge with your fellow employees!
Required skills and qualifications
- Technical education, preferably a master’s degree in engineering science
- Good communication and social skills; flexible and independent personality
- Eager to learn our software product Cleopatra Enterprise
- Experience with engineering software such as Honeywell, Aspen, Matlab
- Good command in spoken and written English; the Dutch language skill is a plus
- Pragmatic, solution oriented and decisive
You might also appreciate some of the perks and benefits we have for you – frequent company events like Easter breakfast, Summer BBQ’s, a good salary and 29,5 vacation days, an international working environment, professional training and development, a modern office, easily reachable from Rotterdam.
Senior java developer
Do you want to work in an innovative company and develop a unique in the market software solution?
As a Senior Java Developer at Cost Engineering, you will be primarily responsible for the development of our software, Cleopatra Enterprise, used by some of the largest companies in the world operating in various industries.
You will work in a team with people from other disciplines, such as Cost Consultants and Test Engineers. You will coach developers, initiate software development improvements, determine the added value of new technologies for our software and advise on our future roadmap.
You have MSc Computer Science, experience in software engineering on various projects, experience with working in a SCRUM team and applying architectural principles, in particular microservices.
You have an all-around skill set in various software technologies and tools, such as:
• Java J2EE
• Webservices and microservices
• Performance analysis and optimization with tools such as VisualVM
• Spring technologies (MVC, Boot, Data Mongo, Security)
• Full text search engines such as Elasticsearch
• Database system including MSSQL, MongoDB, and NoSQL solutions
• Container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker
Work on a wide variety of web-based experiences for visitors, users and colleagues alike. Fully utilize and grow your understanding of modern best practices and technologies like React, Angular, SCSS and web API’s.
As a front-end developer at Cost Engineering, you will have the opportunity to prototype and develop cross-platform applications that will enrich our products and services. Affinity with design principles is important and you’re skilled in creating appealing responsive layouts. You have a willingness to research and learn new technologies to solve problems and are able to perform well in a fast-paced environment. As well as possessing excellent analytical and multitasking skills you’ve proven yourself as a front-end developer through your previous work experience.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficiency with HTML5 and (S)CSS.
- Experience or interest in developing mobile apps with frameworks such as Ionic.
- Experience with web API’S and Rest.
- Proficiency with writing (semantic) HTML
- Proficiency with CSS, as well as pre-processors (such as SCSS) and familiarity with popular frameworks
- Proficiency with writing client-side JS, including experience with frameworks such as Angular and React
- Proficiency with web API’s and REST
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Develop new features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Working for global clients with the newest technologies
- Dynamic and international working environment
- A good salary and 29,5 vacation days
- Monthly game nights (think board games and Mario Kart tournaments)
- A modern office, easily reachable from Rotterdam
- Frequent company events like Easter breakfast, Summer BBQ’s and Friday drinks
QA / QC tester
Execute tests to find the defects in our systems. Evaluate developed products and integrate quality control systems. All to make sure the system meets its objectives by ensuring the development and maintenance process is adequate.
Junior Business Analyst
Improve, optimize or redesign our software Cleopatra Enterprise to increase its business value. Challenge the development team to ensure the best functionality.
- Identifying and managing different stakeholders during various software projects
- Analyzing various (business) processes and designing based on these processes
- Creating functional specifications for the development team
- Assisting with creating large test plans and developing test sets to see if the software delivers the expected results
- Identifying and communicating project/technical risks
- Ability to analyze (business) processes and visualize them in a clear and effective manner to various stakeholders
- Able and willing to learn various new IT/business concepts
- Clear communicator, short and concise
- Minimum of Bachelor or Master degree (Business Information Management, Technical Business Administration or another equivalent)
- 0-1 year of experience in IT-project environment
Join our team
You can apply for a position at Cost Engineering by submitting the form below. You may either include your LinkedIn profile or upload your resume, accompanied by a brief introduction and motivation.
Creating our state-of-the-art project controls software
Cleopatra, our software product, is used by clients worldwide to ensure that their multi-million projects finish within time and budgets. This versatile, powerful Java-driven tool is built in-house by our development team.
Mark, Software Engineer:
“You have a lot of responsibility when you work on Cleopatra, since you build a product directly for our clients. When everything works out in the end, especially after a lot of trial and error, it can be incredibly rewarding. I really feel like I’m contributing to the bigger picture.”
Some statistics about our software development team
Has watched all of Game of Thrones. Make sure to watch it before your first day at work, or you may be sent north of the wall.
Drinks coffee at least twice a day. Getting coffee is also considered to be a bonding experience.
Plays board- or video games at least once a week. This fact inspired us to begin organizing our bi-monthly Game Nights!